Friday 23 March 2007

Wildlife in Pappinbarra (no pun intended!)

Greeting to all our fan club...

....No it hasn't gone to my head or anything, just kinda feels like that sometimes!!! I feeling awesome just now, maybe a little overworked and underpaid still, but happy none the less. My LBD just adds to the current feelings of gratitude and contentment! Honestly, I realise now just how much time I used to spend thinking about what I was going to wear tomorrow, to church etc, etc, and I'm not even a very clothes minded person!! It's truely been awesome and I'm still loving my dress, and.....oh yeah, I found a HOLE! Seriously, it's rather shocking, even if it's a tiny hole near the hem, which I'm guessing I aquired while marrauding around the chook pen early this week.

Here's the story:
Dad, Lay and I at home alone for 5 days while the rest of the family decide to take a holiday to the North. 'Seven Impossible Tasks' were left for us to accomplish, which we did, but with little time to spare for much else! Sabbath was relaxing as I spent part of the day at the creek sketching sage flowers. Then it was work, work, work.............clean the whole house, mop the floor, scrub the kitchen, tidy the deck and.........look after all the animals!! All done in our dresses, but as the camera was in ballina there are no pics. One hen decided to suddenly hatch 5 chicks and when we came home from town on Monday night I discovered one of them hanging from the jaws of a large python. There followed a scrambled rescue opperation to relocate the big mama and 4 remaining chicks to the bird avary. 'Big Mama' is a feindish hen, so getting involved with her each day added an element of danger - I enjoyed it!! Next day, after consuming half dozen eggs as well as the chick, our python felt inclined to sleep them off indoors and annoyed Dad for an hour by trying to come in the top windows where he was working. Dad took it out to the wood tank where it will hopefully stay! I had to relocate a bumble bee from the kitchen and a brown frog from the laundry too. Wildlife Week!!!

Lay and I enjoyed preparing meals for 3, quite a novelty I can assure you! We sewed while watching movies and went for a starlight walk one evening and almost trod on a Tawny Frogmouth sitting on the road. The 3 of us had a lovely time together, but it is nice to have all the family together again.

LBD's have two weeks left, very sad I think! Oh, I have to tell you also that I'm working on Mon-Tues planting rhubarb, so I'll post again later in the week with some pics....

Smile always, it's a reflection of your heart. Nins ;o)

No comments: