Tuesday 24 April 2007

Wow, what a journey……

I am so glad that I decided to do it. It's really hard to explain how much it meant to me to undertake a project like that and now that’s it’s finished I’m sooo glad I did take up the challenge. It’s changed my view on many different things (one being my wardrobe – which I now often look at with distaste!!!) and made me realize that we don’t really need all the clothes that we have.

The response we had was just amazing…thankyou soooo much to all of you who offered sponsorship, donations, support and encouragement.

I would have loved to wear it for another 35 days (!!!) but we have a Youth formal dinner at the end of April and I didn’t really fancy wearing it there!!!

As most of you know, our last day wearing our LBD’s was on the first day of the Youdales Hut Family Camp (6th to the 9th of April).

Here is me on the last day of the LBD project....trying (unsuccessfully) to hide from the camera.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lol, when everyone knows that you don’t really like photos they seem to take delight in getting as many as they can :)

And just to give you an idea of what our Youth Group normally wears on a camp…….
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No, I’m just joking….Christie and I were actually part of a play about Heaven and we were being the angels – that’s why we’re dressed like that!!!!

This is some of the beautiful country-side that we walked through...well, actually most of it I would have called "mountain-side"....this was a rather flat part compared!!! That's me in the pink shirt (on the day after the LBD project ended)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On Saturday morning (7th April) it was the first time in 35 days that I had to make a choice about what I was going to wear...and yes, I’ll admit that I took a bit longer than usual to get dressed.

I am slowly getting used to having a larger selection of clothes and although I am enjoying it I would jump at a chance to do something like the LBD project again!!!

God Bless

Love Layla

No comments: