Thursday 5 April 2007

Me riding Minstrel in a dress?!

Well, guess what - today I rode Minstrel in my little brown dress!!

Lol, I got up at 6.00am! I love riding in the cool of the morning.

Rode him around in the paddock for a while, just doing some slow walk trot and canter.

The first time I tried to get on the dress got in the way but I got the hang of it after that. It doesn't drape gracefully over the horses' back, sadly :-( but it was still fun! It must have looked funny...

The grass is really long, and was very wet this morning, and Minstrel was really grubby, so I was covered in horse hair, mud, water, and paspalum seeds by the time I'd finished!

I got some pics of course!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tomorrow is the last day!!! :-( Wearing this dress for 35 days has been a very rewarding experience, and I am so glad I took on the challenge! I appreciate the support of family and friends so much - thank you all!

The blog will be open for a number of weeks yet, as there is still the total of the sponsorship funds to be presented to Asian Aid etc...

No comments: